Monica Speaks Out

A page describing my life, in my own words.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday

I think I will be posting lots of blogs in the next few weeks. Well, at least more than usual. Shawn has been working so much. He goes to finace training in a week. I have been working less because of our accident. I have returned to nearly full-time status. I worked all day yesterday and today. I hurt a little, but not as bad as last week.
I had a weird day at work. My first customer was crazy. She wanted to return something without a receipt. I could mail her a store credit, but was unable to do an exchange due to store policy. She and her grandaughter freaked out on me. She told me I should display her shirt (which had clearly been damaged by something) so that all my customers "could see what happens to our merchandise when it's washed." I just wanted to tell her that if she didn't wash clothes with razor blades maybe that wouldn't have happened. She then went storming out of the store without her shirt. What am I supposed to do with this stupid shirt? Then at the end of my day I had a woman that is crazy, literally. She loves me and I don't know what I did other than my job to get her to trust me. She tells me everything. She's been beaten by her ex husband, been in and out of surgery, had her house broken into, and most recently been raped. She just told me that tonight. She always comes in right before I go home. She tells me these depressing stories and then I'm off. I'm so depressed by the time I'm ready to go home. It's not a lot of fun. I feel bad for her. I don't how much of her stories are true or if they are for sympathy or both. I need a new job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home